Driving in Canada - ICAN
page-template-default,page,page-id-23369,bridge-core-3.1.3,cookies-not-set,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-theme-ver-30.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-7.3,vc_responsive

Driving in Canada

Start here: general information from the Government of Canada

Arrive with your Irish license, a driving history from NDLS or NI Direct (letter of entitlement) and a letter from your insurance provider.
Each province regulates its own licensing. Note that some provinces (Ontario, Alberta, BC, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador) have reciprocal agreements with Ireland—visit the link to your province (below) to find out more.